Today I updated Jekyll, which I use for this site, and fixed some problems with URLs that had affected this site ever since I created it at the start of 2016.
I think the URL problems were caused by some bad assumptions in some layout files; possibly assumptions I had made, I’m not sure. The result was that the RSS and Atom feeds had URLs with too many slashes, such as
https://mrb0.com///. This was caused by two things in my
https://mrb0.com/with a trailing slash that I’ve removed.
/, but should be
However, when I fixed both of those things, only pages in the root of the URL were properly-styled, because the layout files used
baseurl to reference the CSS resources (and probably others); eg.
<link href="style.css">, which now resolves to
style.css instead of
Ultimately, I decided to switch to the Midnight theme after seeing Shamus Peveril use it on his new site.
There are still a few style tweaks I’d like to make, but I’m happy with the site so far. Syntax highlighting works in code blocks; I’m not sure it did before. I’m not sure I ever tested it!